While we understand that every piece of your possessions is special for you, in moving terms, we would consider something like an aquarium or a giant-sized piano to be special. It doesn’t mean that we would consider all your other stuff as nothing. We would definitely take great care while packing and moving your other appliances as well. However, in case of your special stuff, more managerial strategies are required.
For instance, you don’t want your goldfish to die of thirst if the aquarium bursts during the transport. You certainly don’t want your antiques and other collectibles to rupture during the moving process. Furthermore, what if your firearms set off demolishing all the other goods while being transported? We need to draw the line somewhere after all! Here are a few tips that you might find useful while moving special items from one place to another:
- While padding may be effective in safely moving your regular stuff, the special items call for more efficient protective materials during transportation. Bubble wrap and Styrofoam peanuts would prove to be viable substitutes, but you also need to look out for materials that are specially made to support fragile items. Give us a call, and we will provide you with the perfect cover ups for any kind of delicate instruments.
- One thing that you need to know before wrapping special items is that you should not wrap tapes and other plastic substances around it. The reason being that you do not want to overheat the covers, which usually happens during transportation. Overheating may result in stickiness, which would eventually lead to the item's destruction.
- Covering your special items with woolen or cotton blankets is the best way to go about it. Such protective materials will provide enough padding without resulting in a single scratch on the items' surfaces. Extra support is what we aim for in case of special belongings, and that is exactly what these blankets provide.
- Let us know if you have a dedicated box to cover your scientific equipment. The thing with dedicated boxes is that all the substances within it will be free from shattering or breaking. You don’t even need to pad it up with additional foams. They will remain perfectly intact within those covers.
- It is always better to detach any furniture or equipment than to carry it whole when moving. So, if you have any detachable equipment, let us know right away. It won’t take us long to detach and reassemble them during and after the transportation.
- If you have already organized your household equipment and are waiting for them to be hauled onto the carriage, then it would be beneficial for both of us if you would let us know what kind of products each of the boxes carry. Thus, if you have any test tubes or fragile clay items in any of the boxes, we would handle them with greater care.
By "special" items, we really mean is that we would take special care of those fragile products. Just provide us the list, and we will get the work done accordingly.